The Federal Signal PA300 siren delivers exceptional value, time tested durability, unmatched reliability, and is recognized worldwide as the industry standard. This totally enclosed, fully featured siren will operate from any 12-volt negative ground vehicle electrical system. The PA300 can be powered directly by the vehicle's battery or through secondary power distribution centers. No matter how power is delivered, the siren is protected against most failure modes, including reversed polarity, by a fuse that is readily available and can be replaced without tools. The PA300 series of sirens can provide either 100 watt standard or 200-watts (special order with additional cost) output and will meet or exceed SAE J1849 and Class A requirements for sound when paired with a Federal Signal high-power speaker.
A wide range of features comes standard with any PA300 series siren. Included are 5 basic siren tones, TAP II (horn-ring transfer),PA, radio rebroadcast, and air horn sound with siren override. TAP II allows for effective intersection traffic clearing capability without removing your ands from the steering wheel or your eyes from the road. There is also a "Press-and- Hold" function, depressing and holding the horn ring will produce an alternate sound for as long as the operator keeps the horn ring circuit depressed. The siren's PA volume level can be controlled with a rotary GAIN switch located on the unit's backlit front panel, and radio rebroadcast volume is adjustable via an easily accessible rotary pot. The PA300 siren also includes a permanent noise-canceling microphone that produces high quality voice reproduction without feedback squeal, and the microphone's push-to-talk switch will override any siren tone for instant PA use.
- Approvals: Meets SAE J1849 requirements for sound output Meets Class A (CAC)
- Voltage: 11-15 or 24-28; Model 690009 - 24V
- Standby Current: 70 mA
- Operating Current: 12V - 20 amperes max; 24V - 10 amperes max.
- Operating Temperature Range: -30° C to +65° C
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 2.3 in (5.9 cm) x 6.1 in (15.6 cm) x 7.6 in (19.4 cm)
- Shipping Weight: 6.50 lb
PA300 siren packages are built small and compact measuring only 2.3"Hx6.1"Wx7.6"D and each unit comes supplied with its own "U" shaped mount bracket. There are no protruding components to interfere with mounting arrangements and all electrical connections are easy "plug-and-play" type which are located on the rear of the siren's housing. An optional stainless steel bezel is available for flush mounting and a wide variety of switch controls that flush mount to the PA300.
SELECTOR SWITCH FUNCTIONS
- RADIO - Incoming radio messages are amplified by the siren and rebroadcast over the outside speaker.
- MANUAL - Siren may be activated by the HORN/SIREN switch or the vehicle's horn ring.
- WAIL - Continuous "wailing" up and down in pitch.
- YELP - Continuous rapid "warbling" tone.
- HI-LO - Distinctive two-tone sound.
- PRIORITY - Easily recognized rapid Yelp tone.
- HORN-SIREN - Up position activates electronic air horn sound and Down position activates peak-and-hold sound in any mode except radio.
TAP II FUNCTIONS
The TAP II feature enables the driver to change the audible siren sound via the vehicle's horn ring or any remotely mounted switch. Available in 100 Watt and 200 Watt options.