*This is a Special Order item.
Pathfinder® is a compact, programmable siren and light controller available with self-contained controls, remote surface mount control head, or handheld control head. Pathfinder is packed with features such as dual-tone and integrated Rumbler intersection clearing capability along with optional Federal Signal Vehicle Integration/On-Board Diagnostics (OBDII) integration. Pathfinder is easy to install and incorporates Convergence Network Configuration Software to provide a high-level of customizable control capability. All new programming software is available as a download from the Federal Signal website making it easy to program one vehicle – or an entire fleet – from your laptop.
- 100/200 W siren and light controller with PA and noise-canceling microphone
- PF200 and PF200R feature a 4-position slide switch,7-position rotary switch, speaker diagnostic LEDs and (9) push-buttons
- PF200H features (14) push-buttons and convenient volume control and push to talk button on the sides of the controller
- Built-in dual tone capability
- Built-in Rumbler® intersection clearing capability
- Optional FS Vehicle Integration and On-Board Diagnostics Integration (OBDII)
- Programmable timer feature
- Siren tones, PA, Radio Rebroadcast and Air Horn
- Library of selectable siren tones includes SmartSiren®, Unitrol™, and Powercall siren tones
- Horn Ring Transfer and Park Kill
- Backlit LEDs on control faceplate emulate SignalMaster™ directional warning operation
- (7) programmable inputs and (12) programmable solid-state relay outputs
- FS Convergence Network Configuration Software allows for easy customization of siren and light controls
- (2) FS Convergence Network ports
- Dual color (Red/Blue) backlit push-buttons
- Five-year warranty
- Input Voltage 12/24 VDC
- Standby Current Less thank 0.1 A
- Operating Temperature Range -40° C to +80° C
- Dimensions: 2.5 in (6.4 cm) H x 6.0 in (15.2 cm) W x 8.4 in (21.3 cm) D
Pathfinder is a compact, programmable siren and light controller with self-contained controls. Pathfinder is packed with features such as dual-tone and integrated Rumbler intersection clearing capability along with optional Federal Signal Vehicle Integration/On-Board Diagnostics (OBDII) integration. Pathfinder is easy to install and incorporates Convergence Network Configuration Software to provide a high-level of customizable control capability. All new programming software is available as a download from the Federal Signal website making it easy to program one vehicle – or an entire fleet – from your laptop.
Pathfinder provides the user with customized control of the siren, warning lights, directional lights, and other accessories. The control faceplate includes a four-position progressive slide switch, seven-position rotary switch and (9) backlit push-buttons. The dual color programmable push-buttons turn brighter when activated and can be programmed for press-on, press-off and momentary. The button brightness can be dimmed or turned-off for stealth operation. Over (100) labeling stickers, such as alley, gun lock and wail allow for further customization of the control head. Pathfinder can control the SignalMaster™ directional functions in light bars, ILS systems and “stick” lights that are compatible with FS Convergence Network as well as Latitude™ 3-wire SignalMaster. For convenient visual reference, the Pathfinder emulates the selected pattern of the SignalMaster operation.Pathfinder also includes (2) programmable speaker diagnostic LEDs on the faceplate that default to Off when speakers are enabled.
Pathfinder default siren tones include Wail, Yelp, Priority, Manual/Peak-and-Hold, Hi-Lo, Powercall, and Air Horn. A library of other selectable siren tones are available including Unitrol™ branded siren tones such as Wail, Yelp, Futura, Hi-Lo, Ultra Hi-Lo, Alarm, Air Horn, and Hetro. PA, radio rebroadcast, and Air Horn is standard in the Pathfinder. Pathfinder also includes (2) serial ports to be used with the FS Convergence Network devices such as light bars or directional warning lights for easy “plug-n-play” installation. Other amplifier features include horn ring transfer (TAPII, Timer or Hands-Free), Park, Ignition, and (4) general purpose inputs for trunk/door release, gun lock, intrusion alarms and monitoring K9 temperature systems. The polarity of each input is programmable except for ignition.
The Pathfinder built-in timer feature senses ignition ON/OFF and allows the selection of multiple time settings. Various devices can be wired to relay outputs on the Pathfinder amplifier (such as in-car video DVRs, radios, and laptop chargers), and a security shotgun timer is provided to minimize the possibility of unauthorized shotgun release. Pathfinder timer feature allows the end user to avoid the extra cost of an external timer per vehicle by allowing each device to be turned off at a different time, unlike many one setting external timers used by departments.
Programming Software Features
The Convergence Network Configuration Software is available as a download from the FS website and siren configurations can be created via a laptop computer. Configured programs can be extracted, modified, and stored for ease of service and re-use. The Federal Signal Convergence Network allows the user to "plug-n-play" simply by connecting the siren to the vehicle’s light bar.Pathfinder gives the user the ability to clone an entire fleet of siren functions. The user simply connects the Pathfinder to a PC and downloads the functions of the programmed software onto a USB drive to download functions to each siren.
FS Vehicle Integration/On-Board Diagnostics Integration (OBDII)
The FS Vehicle Integration is a simple plug-in connection using the existing vehicle CAN bus system. The FS Vehicle Integration uses a vehicle specific cable (sold separately) to seamlessly integrate with the vehicle allowing light and siren control with vehicle events such as door open, headlight, brake, speed, park, etc. The use of the FS Vehicle Integration removes the need to separately wire certain options such as horn ring transfer or ignition.
MicroPulse Steady Burn Models
Popular MicroPulse® models are available as steady burn models for use with the Pathfinder™ Siren. The combination of MicroPulse Steady Burn models and the Pathfinder Siren allow the Pathfinder to control lights around the vehicle by utilizing flash patterns in the siren, syncing/alternating light heads, and dimming light heads.
Integrated Rumbler® Capability
The Pathfinder is available with built-in Rumbler® Intersection Clearing capability. This allows the Pathfinder to produce a Rumbler tone without the need for a separate externally mounted amplifier. Rumbler capability requires the purchase of Rumbler woofers and vehicle specific mounting kit. Dual tone capability cannot be utilized with the Rumbler capability unless a complete RUMBLER-3, which includes the additional amplifier, is purchased.
- Pathfinder + (1) 100 W siren speaker = single tone
- Pathfinder + (2) 100 W siren speakers = dual tone
- Pathfinder + (1) 100 W speaker + (1) or (2) Rumbler woofers = single tone and Rumbler
- Pathfinder + (2) 100 W siren speakers + RUMBLER-3 kit (includes two woofers) = Rumbler and dual tone siren (one channel will Rumble)