*This is a Made-to-Order item.
This Lightbar is available in Amber, Blue, Red, or Red/Blue. If you need this product in a different color please call for different pricing
The Legacy from Whelen will change the way you look at lightbars forever. With features never before seen in a lightbar as well as a completely new design the Legacy Lightbar from Whelen is like no other bar you have seen. With Duo technology standard and completely redesigned optic the Legacy will amaze you. Reminiscent of the classic Edge in a new style design, Legacy was designed from the rugged extrusion up to maximize the performance of the hottest LED on the market.
Please note a Full Size Lightbar is shipped by itself.
- Lower profile than the Liberty but with increased intensity puts the Legacy a step ahead of all other lightbars on the market today.
- Height without mounting feet is only 1-5/8”.
- New Diamond Optix™ (Patent Pending) linear reflector optic design.
- Newly designed, high-output onepiece linear combo “Multi-Angled” corner modules produce light forward and rear and at the critical 45° angles. The four combo modules produce 360° warning signal.
- All warning lightheads are True DUO+, whether one color or two. Each segment can be operated independently or at the same time, creating the first true DUO lightbar, without loss of intensity. Ideal when you want to run a Traffic Advisor™ and rear warning at the same time, giving the performance of two lightbars in one.
- Whelen’s exclusive Collimator™ patented design captures, collects and focuses light for unbeaten light output.
- Takedowns have 6-LED modules.
- Alley and warning light module ensures no dead spots, no gaps… 360° of contiguous light.
- Only DUO+ lets you operate the alley and the warning lights at the same time, at full intensity.
- DUO+ technology and Advanced Thermal Design “ATD” provide attention demanding new flash patterns for more lighting on-time. These include “SteadyFlash” for use at nighttime traffic stop/accident scene for added protection for officers. ATD reduces the stress on the LEDs themselves, when the dwell time of the LEDs is extended.
- One piece UNI-DOME construction with a single sealing point. Each dome slides onto the aluminum extrusion and wraps around all internal components while the wiper
- seal protects your lightbar from the worst elements.
- Aluminum top shield stays cool to the touch, protects the lightbar from nature’s elements such as hail and provides passive solar radiation to direct heat away from internal components to insure long life and reliability.
- Center divider(s) with LIM (Liquid Injection Molded) wiper seals assure lightbar integrity in all conditions.
- Legacy “plug and play” into the CenCom Sapphire™ or CanTrol™ controller. A WeCan controller module is supplied for use with other switch centers from the lightbar.
- Hard-coated lenses shrug off environmental UV damage from the sun, salt and road chemicals.
- Low power comes standard and is controlled by a photo cell that is adjustable for different ambient light levels. Meets SAE Class I requirements.
- Low-profile aerodynamic mounting feet maximize fuel economy with virtually no wind noise.
- The I/O board snaps into brackets, and point to point wiring between each lighthead and the I/O board creates a clean look and allows for easy serviceability
- Many patents pending.
- Available lengths: 48” (123cm) and 54” (136cm).
These bars are fully populated with Take-Downs, Alleys and Dual Color Modules with the below.
- Four Dual Color Corner Modules
- Four forward facing Dual Color LED Warning Modules in 48", Six forward Facing Dual Color LED Warning Modules in 54"
- Two Long Super LED Takedown Modules
- Two Alley Modules
- Six rear facing Dual Color LED Warning Modules in 48", Eight rear Facing Dual Color LED Warning Modules in 54"